• Customer authenticates to the e-services site of the agricultural sector and submits documents
Information on completing and submitting an e-service application is available in the “How to use an e-service site” Guide (see “Documents and Forms”).
• the customer sends the documents to the e-mail address of the State Plant Protection Service or its regional department, or to the official electronic address
• documents must be signed with a secure electronic signature
• Customer sends documents by mail
• the customer takes the average seed sample himself and, together with the documents, submits to the National Seed Control Laboratory of the State Plant Protection Service in Riga or its branches in Bauska or Valmiera, or transfers the regional department to the inspector
• the customer arrives in the regional division of the State Plant Protection Service and submits documents, and the inspector of the regional department of the Service shall take the average seed sample at the address indicated by the customer and take it to the laboratory
If the manufacturing of official labels is necessary, the submission must be accompanied by documents certifying the quality or origin of the seed previously issued (field inspection protocols, etc.).
The State Plant Protection Service shall review the submitted documents and, depending on the service/service set chosen by the customer:
• arrive at the address indicated by the customer and take a sample of the average seed from each prepared homogeneous seed batch;
• perform an analysis of the seed sample in the laboratory;
• assess the conformity of the quality of the seed lot with the requirements of the seed category provided for in the regulations on growing and marketing of the relevant species;
• issue a test report;
• produce and issue official labels for seed packaging (if the seed lot meets all the requirements).
Payment for service
The service shall be paid in accordance with the invoice of the State Plant Protection Service, which has been issued on the basis of points 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 22 and 23 of Annex 2 to Cabinet Regulation No 493 of 12 July 2012, “Price List for Payment Services of the State Plant Protection Service”.
Service Fee Properties
Consignee: State Plant Protection Service
Registration No 90000042982
Account No. LV47TREL2160320005000
Receipt of services
• Customer authenticates to the e-services site of the agricultural sector and receives a test report (official labels can only be obtained on site)
• the customer receives a test report to the official electronic address or the email address specified (official labels can only be received on site)
• Customer receives testing report to the specified mail address (official labels can only be received on site)
• the customer arrives at the National Plant Protection Service's National Seed Control Laboratory or Regional Division and receives a test report and/or official labels